6.02.2015

blog makeover (and some html + css codes!)

here's how my blog went from this:

to this:


It's actually pretty simple. I was getting tired of the way my blog looked, and it was destroying my desire to blog and write and share my thoughts with the world. So, with a little pushing from Arushee, my blog had become one with cartoon elephants and balloons. A "whimsical and cute" writing platform? I hope so.

Here's a couple of the HTML + CSS tricks I used, since I didn't really do much with CSS:

to center your post title (using CSS):

to the CSS box, click on "template," then "customize," then "advanced," then when you scroll all the way down, you should be able to find the CSS box.

°type this in:

.post-title {text-align: center;
}

you can even replace center with left, or even right. how neat is that?

don't forget to save!

to add a line underneath the post title:

°find the code that looks like this:
*keep in mind that your code could have {text-align: left; } or {text-align: center; }, so it is best just to search for .post-title. keep in mind that this will not be in your HTML if you never put in the CSS code to center/right align/left align your post title.

°and add:
border-bottom: solid #000000;

border-bottom tells the blog guru to draw a line.
solid tells the blog guru to draw a solid line. you can replace this with 'dashed' or 'dotted.'
#000000 is the color you want the line to be. This line is going to be black, or in the example below, it will be a very light shade of red. Don't understand how that works? The HTML color picker is a coder's best friend.

°ie: my code now looks like this:



hope that helped!

13 comments:

  1. Oh My Goodness!! this design is so so so unbelievably cute.I love the elephants. Agghhhh the cuteness, I just can't.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, thank you SO much, Star Girl! :)

      Delete
  2. I love your new design and name!
    ~Kathryn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your new theme is so whimsical and pretty - I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. AWWWw THE CUTENESS IS TOO MUCH!
    Luv the design :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That means to much to me! Thanks, Autumn :)

      Delete
  5. Elephantes is amazingg!! Thx for the tips

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh and here is the url for the contest: http://attractedtolife.blogspot.com/2015/06/clicked-captioned-conserved.html

      Delete
    2. Thank you SO much for entering, Michelle! :)

      Delete
  6. omgomg amazesm e!!

    oh yea elephans rock :))))))

    joanne <#

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile. :) Leave your link if you'd like, lovely x