4.21.2015

happy birthday to me.





with every year that goes on by, another year closer to death. and i don't want to die without having done something people can be proud of. i don't want to live a conventional life. sometimes i think that the past thirteen years have gone to waste, but then i remember how much i've learned about myself and i think again and realize that they haven't. i've realized that i could never grow up to live in one city for my whole life. now i know that i could never settle in one place because each year is one year closer to the close of my existence and before that happens i need to see the world through my own eyes-- not what people tell them to be.

year 14.

a chance to form opinions on ideas put out in the world. an opportunity i'm going to grab with both hands.

16 comments:

  1. aww, this post was so sweet and from the heart <3 Happy Birthday, girl =) Have an awesome year ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!
    i wish you the best year ever, and a wonderful day. And such a lovely paragraph. Yes, don't always be what they tell you to be! (and that's so inspiring for us, even though it's not our birthday!)
    happy 14 :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i appreciate every word of yours. this made my day♥♥

      Delete
  3. Happy belated birthday, beautiful girl.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile. :) Leave your link if you'd like, lovely x