3.22.2015

nostalgia




//I won't apologize for the same photos numerous times because I love them, and I hope you will, too. 


Every now and then, I find myself in this stage of temporary nostalgia. And every time I find myself in that situation, I wish to live in that moment forever. True, these temporary obsessions only last a couple hours, or days at most, but the feelings are always left over with no place to go.

My most recent reversion had to do with a couple photos I discovered lying around the house in frames that were much to old and boring for the shots. I would see these photos drowning in dust, but they were too routine for me to pay any, or even the slightest, attention to their value.

So that is how I went, rummaging through photos from places unknown or forgotten, digging up pieces of my past that triggered my memory. Often, these photos were with my sister, or my best friend, or somebody of emotional importance to me (often, but not always, that is how I can not remember, no matter how many times my mother tells me, the name of the person in a particular photo).

The rest is history, and now I can not find myself to withdraw from this cycle of longing for the past to come back. But however long we try, it doesn't. And things that can change, will and do. But every moment captured in these photographs that you love will always remain foot printed in your heart. And I'm so very thankful for that.

6 comments:

  1. I feel this way so much, as if I miss those childhood moments way back and wish I could experience it all again. I miss certain people, a certain way of life, innocence. But there's no point in going back when we've got so far to go. One day we'll be feeling nostalgic about this day right now.

    -M
    The Life of Little Me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad I'm not the only one! It's such a beautiful feeling, though, isn't it?

      Delete
  2. AWW!
    I know exactly how you feel, dear. <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally understand what you're describing here :) And those photos are just adorable! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) They're better to see in person (of course you'd already know that!).

      Delete

Comments make me smile. :) Leave your link if you'd like, lovely x