1.11.2015

Updates + Poetry

I've been reading (and writing, mind you) a lot of poetry lately.
And I don't mean a light dose. I mean that I've been reading (and writing) more poetry than the healthy amount.
Which isn't such a bad thing, if you ask me.

I've shared a couple of my pieces with you below-- these pieces are anything but professional, but I hope you find as much meaning in them as I did in writing them.





While browsing my local library with absolutely no goal in mind, I stumbled across a series of magazines, entitled "Poetry." I don't think they're exactly helping with this random phase of constant poetic inspiration, but I love them all the same. 

"Some poems, like dreams, seem to come from another level, slightly beyond what we know or remember. Often, we capture only fragments. And when a poem is written, like a fully remembered dream, its meaning can remain withheld for a long time."
--Colette Bryce

Also, if you love words and the world as much as I do, you're sure to love my tumblr-- I hope you find time to check it out here.

PS: I'm working on the friendship series, I promise-- I won't give up on it as I tend to do very often. 

6 comments:

  1. Its so, so wonderful, to find someone else with a love for poetry! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poetry... haha, thinking about it makes me remember one time when I said to someone that only some people can understand poetry, and that lead into a really feisty conversation. :)

    xoxo Morning

    ReplyDelete
  3. poetry is literally so beautiful <3

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile. :) Leave your link if you'd like, lovely x