1.28.2015

{the friendship series: nikhil}

pc: nicel tude

There's something special about this best friend.
It's not that we've grown up together,
It's not even that he has this amazing ability to run flat footed.
It's not that we go to the same school,
It's not even that he's just as close to me as Arushee.

It's that I know that no matter what happens, he'll always be there for me. He knows me inside out, and he knows that whatever happens, I'll be there for him as well. And that's something I know I can count on him for.

We met in third grade, through Arushee, actually-- they were (and still are) the best of friends. Ever since then, we became 'the trio.' Joined at the hip, we went everywhere together. And despite our little quarrels, nothing mattered because we are the best friends in the world. And I'm proud of that.

I tend to push people away after awhile because I know that if I ever lose them, I wouldn't ever forgive myself. So I just kind of shoo them away so I won't be as attached. (Doesn't work, does it?) But Nikhil knows and still accepts me for who I am, calls at night and everything. Nothing gets passed him, which means he always knows what's wrong. (Superpower? Prophetic?)

Friends are people that accept you-- little flaws and all.

Thank you, Nicel Tude.

12 comments:

  1. I like the poems and all on your blog..but this series is my favourite :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw! Thanks so much Devanshi! You're an awesome best friend :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw! I wish my friendships were like this... the inseparable, duo, trio, or quadruple!

    xoxo Morning

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so naiseee. Made me think of those people I treasure the most. xxx.
    (Your blog rocks)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That really means a lot to me, Elisabeth. Thanks so much for stopping by~

      Delete

Comments make me smile. :) Leave your link if you'd like, lovely x