1.05.2015

{the friendship series: arushee}

me {right}, arushee {left} 
thank you, mrs. green, for these lovely pieces of memory from our childhood

to a most rare spirit,
my best friend soul sister,

Football in one hand, clothes in the other-- that's how I showed up to her house just over a week ago.  She let me in, ready for an {emergency} last minute sleepover; we talked and laughed, and the next day, we walked a block down to Lucky's to drown ourselves (well, kind of) in junk food. We would yak on and on at night, trying to suppress laughter that needed to be let out, conversing until our eyelids could no longer bare the burden. 

She is never afraid to be herself, this oboe playing weirdo (in the best of ways) is the best writer I know, truly and honestly. We share the most genuine laughter fits and inside jokes, which involve many stories long, long ago. Perhaps she even knows my deepest, darkest of secrets-- but I couldn't tell you that. And even though she lives her life a paining thirty-ish miles away, our friendship is forever eternal and everlasting.

And most of all, I'm proud to call her my best friend.

a good friend knows all your stories; a best friend helped you write them
--anonymous

13 comments:

  1. The feels. The feels. This was so beautiful. I love how you and Arushee both blog and you're friends in real life. You're both gorgeous writers and I think I've fallen in love with this series.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Outrageous Glamour. Yes, I think this series is my favorite to write and read as well.

      Delete
  2. This is the absolute sweetest! I love this so much. That was the best sleepover ;) ♥♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ♥ ♥ No, you are the sweetest! It was, wasn't it? :)

      Delete
  3. You guys have the sort of friendship I wish for! <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. This was so sweet and you guys are so lucky to have a best friend who's been that way since childhood, and it's a bonus that you're both so amazing at writing ;)

    -M
    The Life of Little Me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ;) Thank you!! I sure am lucky

      Delete
    2. Thanks so much, M-- that means a lot to me. I'm so thankful for my luck :P

      Delete
  5. Aww, you two are lucky to hold a friendship that you two have! :)

    xoxo Morning

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a lovely post to show your appreciation to your best friend. Is Arushee your sister or just a best friend, or both? Both of you look like sisters, though, even if you're not. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! Haha, Arushee's my best friend, although I do consider her my sister x

      Delete

Comments make me smile. :) Leave your link if you'd like, lovely x