12.18.2014

Sparklers

via

     I wouldn't really say 2014 was the most amazing year in existence-- I've learned so much, sometimes in the worst way possible, and the year seemed to have passed by so quickly, now it only seems like a blur of the past.

School started to buckle down,
     People started to change,
          Questions started to clear,
               ...and 2k15 started to come.

     During this time which we call 2014, I've come closer to so many beautiful people and stories and things. Looking back, I'd love to change so many things. Little tweaks, as I say. I wish I spent more time with her. I hope that I'll get to see them again. I should have been more considerate and empathetic. So many little tweaks here and there.

But in the end,

New Years is just a little reminder that nothing lasts forever.
Things Change.
New Beginnings Happen.

Sparklers remind us that we should start our year happily, with sparks of laughter, happiness, and joy.


4 comments:

  1. Amen. 2014 may not have been the best year. But we always have the next one, 2015, to try to fix up those little things we want to tweak, and make some more for next year.

    -M
    The Life of Little Me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "The only person you should try to be better than is the person you were yesterday". I think this applies to years as well. A new year is a new beginning, a year to enhance ourselves and make something of our opportunities that we receive. 2015 is a bright light that beckons us and waits for our arrival. The only thing we need to do is keep that light burning and try to make the next year better than the last. Such a great post, it really made me reflect on 2014 and i'm excited for a new year.

      Delete
    2. Well said! I couldn't have said it better myself. The only person you should compete with is yourself~

      Delete

Comments make me smile. :) Leave your link if you'd like, lovely x