12.01.2014

A Letter To December

Oh, December:


via

You have no idea how long I've been waiting for you.

I love your warmth and homely feeling when you cuddle me up next to a fire while I watch snow flakes trickle down gracefully, spinning and turning and beautifying the world.

You give me the ability to sip hot cocoa (or in my case, chai) in my favorite mug while wrapping myself up in my monkey snuggie which hides throughout the year.

You push me to bake warm cookies and frost out-of-the-oven cakes. The joy of learning passed down recipes is one thing nobody can replace.

I love how to help me relax and reprogram myself for the new year, a new start, and possibly a new me. You help me relax when I need you most. Perhaps that is why they saved you for the last month of all.

Your music brings joy and warmth to my ears and comfort to my soul. Carol of the Bells just completes it all.

The spirit you bring catches on like a wild fire-- putting smiles on every face and laughter in every home.

You help me climb the ladder to put a star on my Christmas tree, after I've decked my halls with homemade decorations and little ornaments my siblings and I made when we were kids.

Most of all, when the new year comes, you will not be forgotten-- in fact, we might even be singing your carols through March (a true fact, actually).

When that dreaded time of year comes in September that we start school again, we look forward to spending days with you building snowmen and imagining reindeers fly across the moon.

And when you finally do come, oh dearest, we welcome you into our world with warm arms and hugs ever so tight.

Stay with us for a while, why don't you?


oh, and would you mind helping me with a new blog post, lovely? thank you so, so much!

8 comments:

  1. I c ant lie, I have just sat here for the past 20 minutes just reading your blog it is just what I want mine to be like. You should be really proud! :) just followed , would mean the world if you followed back!
    http://whenshewrites-theblog.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's so sweet of you! Checking your blog out now~

      Delete
  2. I love this post-- I’m so excited for December too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Arushee! Isn't everyone?

      Delete
  3. December is, by far, the most lovely month of the year.
    <3 Lovely post, dear!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Singing Christmas songs all the way till march = true story haha. I love this post <3

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile. :) Leave your link if you'd like, lovely x