11.23.2014

The Blogger Recognition Award


snapped in Williamsburg ©Vanshi Mehta
Thank you oh so much, Tane, for nominating me. Tane's blog is absolutely gorgeous (aka perfection), head on over there for a while! 

rules and regulations:
  • Select 15 blogs to nominate. 
  • Thank the person who nominated you, and give a brief story of how your blog got started and a piece or two of advice to new bloggers. 
  • Attach the award itself! 
  • Comment on each nominee's blog and let them know that you've nominated them.
  • Provide a link to the original to the original post on Edge of Night. 
  • And, do me a favor.

the birth of upwardss:

I had 'blogged' on tumblr for approximately one year when I noticed it hadn't cracked up to what I thought it would be. Instead of sending my own ideas out into the blogging world, I was reblogging and liking pictures and words that weren't mine. I needed something better, I decided. And although I never deleted my tumblr, I wanted to put more effort and time into an actual blog. Talking it over with my best friend, Arushee (she had a blogger before me), I realized that, yes, in fact, I wanted a blog. 

So that's how this blog began-- only then, it wasn't called 'Upwardss,' it was named Errand Unfinished, then Chai Over Coffee, and eventually Upwardss. And I don't think I'll be changing this blog's name anytime soon.

nominations:
(i know, i'm supposed to nominate fifteen-- but i've decided on just three, but if you'd like to, consider yourself nominated)
  1. Kate, from Clover And Dot
  2. Bridget, from Deer Circus
  3. Cathy, from Helllo Cathy


4 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for what you said about my blog, Vanshi. Gosh, thank you! I really appreciate it.
    And, I love your blog. Keep going, dear.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tane, it's my pleasure-- thank you for your beautiful compliment~

      Delete
  2. Just chanced upon you blog! I really love your blog name:) Having a proper blog can bring you so much for satisfaction:)
    You've earned yourself another follower <3
    June
    The Journeys of My Beating Heart

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile. :) Leave your link if you'd like, lovely x