10.15.2014

The Populars: A Theory

To start off, I'm sorry if I offend anyone in this post. I'm not trying to. I'm just trying to express myself.

via


In most movies, in most book, in most comics, the populars are portrayed as bad, sassy people. And what I want to tell you is that (for the most part) they're not. They're just people like me and you. But that's not the point of this post. The point of this post is what makes the populars- THE POPULARS. And if you don't know what I'm talking about- let me break it down for you. The Populars are just people like you and me. They wear what they want (like you and me). And they say what they want (like you and me). But what makes them so different? We make them different.

That's the theory that I have to propose- The Populars are only portrayed as 'the populars' because we give them that importance. It's as simple as this: If we never singled them out as 'the populars' they would never be popular. I think that's something every person needs to realize.

And what's more? Popularity doesn't matter. Sure, a crown would be nice during prom. But, hey, who cares? In the real world, popularity doesn't get you anywhere. After high school (and maybe college), only knowledge (and maybe money, which I wish it didn't) matters. Not popularity. I'd just like to point that out. 

4 comments:

Comments make me smile. :) Leave your link if you'd like, lovely x