10.10.2014

Learn To Love Yourself

©Vanshi Mehta

Learn To Love Yourself- it's a simple concept acknowledged everywhere, but not really practiced. 


I remember in one of my favorite bollywood movies, there is one quote that I love: "Bus khood pe daaya karna bandh karo, aur khood se pyaar karna seekho." The equivalent english translation would be something like the following:

"Just stop pitying yourself, and start loving yourself."
     --Bunny, Yeh Jawaani Hai Deewani

It's an underestimated quote. But it's one quote that I love. Many people complain that they don't like something they are doing, or in my friend's case, 'nobody' likes her.  

All I want to say is this, and keep in mind that it's easier said than done, but if i've done it, so can you:
     Start loving yourself. Learn to look over your flaws, and your imperfections, because really, that's what makes you up. You are your imperfections, and your flaws. You are everything you wish to not be. So start embracing that. Maybe you want to change something about yourself. Set it as a goal. And when people criticize you about that quality that's your goal, and you don't have yet, there is no shame. Because when you love yourself, it's easy to say, "You're right. I'm not [insert quality here] but I'm progressing towards that and I'm proud of myself." It grants you dignity. 

Learn to love yourself first before going to please others. If you do that, nothing that others say or do will be able to hurt you. Just keep that in mind.

What if everyone in the world loved themselves? No self conceited love, but appreciation for themselves? There would be no bullying. There would be no suicidal thoughts. 

The world would be a much happier place.


8 comments:

  1. This is so inspiring, and I love that quote :) xoxo

    Arushee // Unadorned Gifts

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for this super positive post. That quote is so true and you've just reminded all of us out there that we really should love ourselves. xx

    -M
    The Life of Little Me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem- Sometimes we just need that little reminder to get us back on track. :)

      Vanshi

      Delete
  3. This is beautifully written... so inspirational.
    Thank you for this wonderful post! I'm going to go to bed thinking of what you've mentioned in this post.
    June
    The Journeys of My Beating Heart

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much <3 That is exactly why I wrote that post- to inspire and motivate people.

      Vanshi~

      Delete
  4. Well if you can't find something in yourself to love...why would anyone else :)
    That movie never gets old does it..."Tum pehle bhi itni khoobsurat thi ... yah waqt ne kiya koi haseen sitam?"
    English Translation : "Were you this beautiful earlier too or ... did time do a beautiful injustice?"
    PS- I like your blog..it's really cool :)

    Neal Kind
    Daily Diaries

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That movie will never get old. That's just a fact. I've watched it so many times (probably over 15), but I still love the message so much! That quote is beautiful~

      And thanks so much for your kind words!

      Vanshi

      Delete

Comments make me smile. :) Leave your link if you'd like, lovely x