10.25.2014

A Quiet Thought On Halloween


via

   Ever since I was little, I found a peculiar joy in Halloween. Whether it was the Candy that made it so special or the princess costumes it was yet to be determined. But, as I grew up, it wasn't the dress up or candy that was important to me, it was the fear that I felt during Halloween.

     That eerie vibe coming from every home. And somehow that vibe fascinated me and I never knew why. To this day I still don't know what makes it so special for me, but I do want to find out.

     Every year there is that rebellious group of teenagers that decides to TP someone's house. As cheesy as it sounds, I always admired those kids because they were really brave. The risked the chance of being arrested to have some adventure in their lives. To be honest, I want to TP a house before I die- it's a symbol of bravery to me. I've heard stories-- but it's different when you feel that thrill, that chill that goes down your spine when you're being chased by the police. (No, I'm not being sarcastic).


3 comments:

  1. We don't really have Halloween in India neither does anyone TP any house :P :P
    that's just wrong :P :P

    Neal Kind
    Daily Diaries

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know :) India is practically my second home-- I'm there three months every year. Even in the city (Mumbai), no one does celebrate Halloween. But hey, I expect you guys have a been Diwali celebration going on! Wish I was there~

      Vanshi

      Delete
    2. Yeah,well diwali is fun..all the lights and food :P :D

      Delete

Comments make me smile. :) Leave your link if you'd like, lovely x